Into Training Australia extensive experience in developing and delivering structured training programs that meet identified needs, have resulted in long standing business relationships.
We are recognised in the industy as being a leader in building and maintaining partnerships with our clients. By work closely with them to determine their requirements, structures, strategies and workforce skill levels, we mutually establish our level of involvement to ensure the client's long and short term goals are realised.
Our flexible approach also allows us to offer either “off the shelf” or customised training solutions during, or out of, normal working hours. We understand that all enterprises are different and that it is not always feasible to let a number of staff attend training at the same time.
We are working in partnership with a number of large organisations, who see the advantage of developing their employees within a nationally recognized, competency-based assessment framework. We make sure that the training delivered meets the industry accreditation guidelines.
During the process of developing a Training & Assessment Strategy, a critical look is taken at the current policies and practices that are in place across the organisation’s Business Units. To be effective, the strategy should be internally consistent and be mutually supportive of the goals of the organisation.
The benefits of internal assessment include:
- Flexibility in training times / dates
- Delivery to smaller course size
- Reduced costs
- Understanding of Company Operations
Examples how these can work include:
1. The business needs an RTO partner for compliance reasons
This applies where a business is required by law to work with an RTO (heavy vehicle licence instructors in NSW) or the business has specialist skills and knowledge that it wishes to market as training to its client base under a third-party arrangement. For example, we work with experienced, qualified Hammelmann trainers providing accredited training in High Pressure Water Jet cleaning operations to clients who purchase equipment from this manufacturer.
2. Joint delivery partnership
ITA and the partner work together in delivering quality training and assessment tasks to the employees of the Partner organisation. This option is more frequently used by companies that have a national presence, and available internal training staff. It ensures that training is specific to their requirements and aims to make training delivery consistent throughout the organisation.
In this case, ITA works closely with the client to train their internal trainers, cooperatively develop resources and manage the organisation’s internal delivery of training to make sure the quality control is maintained within the RTO accreditation system. An ITA representative is appointed as a client liaison representative to manage the relevant reporting and recordkeeping requirements and team tasks.
3. Training is completely outsourced to ITA
The ITA “full delivery” option is available to organisations that do not already have in-house training resources or staff. ITA will provide all training materials, trainers and support services as required. If ITA’s “off the shelf” training packages are not suitable, custom development is offered as an optional service.
The Boral Partnership Model
Boral is Australia’s largest building and construction materials manufacturing company. With significant training needs within its core businesses, Boral has RTO accreditation for qualifications that are essential to its operations including surface extraction, laboratory operations and bituminous surfacing.
In areas of required training that are not core to its business, such as Trainer/Assessor development and driver training, Boral has decided to use ITA as the preferred training provider. This delivery model is working towards the development of the “One Boral” culture with training standards being consistent around the nation.
The advantages to Boral from our partnership are:
- Our involvement with the development of Boral Trainer/Assessors via skills development and on-going performance appraisals
- Monitoring of training plans and resources to ensure compliance with accreditation standards and legislative changes
- Development of learning materials that have a consistent look and structure
- Flexibility with the timing and nature of the training delivered with experienced independent backup if required
- Provision of training resources upon request; saves Boral trainers having to find, check and print materials
- Incorporation of Boral’s existing policies, procedures and management practices into the driver’s Training Plan
- Provision of monthly management reports on training activity
- Maintenance of training records
- Access to government funding support
Our record keeping requirements and on-going delivery relationship enables us to provide some measure of support in assisting Boral to plot the best course in achieving its training goals.